Wednesday 28 December 2011

Happy Crimbo Limbo...

...yup that bit between Christmas and New Year where you are not sure what to do with yourself (at least I'm not - lol!!). The house is a tip with toys everywhere hmmm not sure who's idea it was to get army sets with sooooo many little soldiers - they turn up everywhere!!

Did you all get lots of nice things for Christmas??? Well last year I dont think I got anything crafty although I did hit the Sizzix sale, this year Santa played a blinder - I was really pleased with what he brought me - would you like to see???

Here goes:3 Sets of Nesties (which thanks to the instructions that are now inside I can emboss as well as cut - yay!!), a new storage box and bobbin winder for my cross stitch, proper fabric scissors - no more hacking away with the kitchen scissors or my other little scissors and a couple of books with things marked to have a go at.

Pro-markers to add to my collection.



More fab books - again with things marked to make - this will really help me particularly after I signed up for the felt fairys make a month (see sidebar) and lastly some polychromos - erm not too sure how to use these with my promarkers so if anyone can advise any links/tutorials that would be great - although I cant get my hands on any Sansodor locally - so it will be back onto the internet for a search.

I have also made a card but cant blog it yet - which reminds me I need to take a photo of it.

Enjoy the rest of the break - back to work for me tomorrow - mind its only half a day - while my oh takes the boys to the local Games Workshop for a fun day - although not my hubbys cup of tea so he uses the term fun loosely - hee hee - pah! am sure he'll enjoy it - snigger.

Thanks for staying with me - hope I havent bored you!!

Ali
xx

13 comments:

  1. you lucky girl!!! I got nowt even vaguely crafty - try Bev Rochesters blog for tips with pencils.

    Think you can use baby oil as a better smelling and more cost effective option for sansador :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh lovely crafty haul! I'm glad you joined the make a month I look forward to seeing what you make!
    Hugs
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great craft haul, lovely. I've got that Sewn Gifts book. I love it. Hope you're all having a lovely time. Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab goodies Ali, I got nothing remotely crafty but did get some lovely bits and bobs so can't complain ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoozah!!! At last...I got a link to your posting...an extra gift frrom Santa! Well jel' of your Poly-wotsit pencils...wanted some earlier in the year & hubby n' kids said 'you've got Promarkers, yer don't need Polys too'...Grrr...mumble under breath...grrr.
    Hope you had a groovy Crimbo...have done an Early Spring Clean today...couldn't stand it any longer!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooo nice stash haul :) I got some lovely stitching stuff and a craft lamp and a few new mice ornaments too ;0 can't help you with your query but love your books :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many fabulous goodies, cant wait to see what you create with them. Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous goodies Ali....and I cannot wait to see all your beautiful makes hun :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I fancy those wonderful books! You have been so lucky!
    Hurray! Thank you for joining the Monthly Make for 2012. I am really looking forward to seeing what you make! I am going to try very hard this year and really hope that we can support one another! If you do a post about your make then please pop by and leave me a comment so that I can come over and see it! Love Annie x ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely crafty pressies! I've been buying way too many crafty books lately but they are soooo lovely I can't help it!
    Happy New Year (when it gets here!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popping by from the Monthly Make to say hello! Looking forward to following you in 2012.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Santa did good! I hope you have a fabby new year Hun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the title of this post, such a good description of the bit in between! Your crafty goodies look very inspiring, and it's always a great start to a new year to have lots of crafty makes to look forward to. I'm so glad you like my book, thanks for your kind words! Wishing you a very Happy New Year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete