Sunday 22 July 2012

At last...

... I've finally bitten the bullet and had a go at monochrome colouring!!!!  I've admired this sort of colouring for ages but not been brave enough to attempt it but with a couple of challenges tempting me I had a go and quite pleased with my first attempt:


I have coloured a sugar nellie image with warm greys 1-5 with a touch of aqua, then used aqua paper with ribbons, grey pearls and charm from my stash.

I would like to enter this into:

Sweet Stamping - monochrome
CYDA - shades of grey and one other.
Crafty Catz - monochromatic.
Crafting when we can - monochrome


On Friday, we went to see some football - Team GB v Brazil:


Well all I can say is the pre-match excitement was wasted on the match - very poor performance from Team GB I dont think we'll get any medals from this lot :-(.  Brazil might though!

Right best get some tea sorter   - what to do, what to do!!

Thanks for looking

Ali
xx


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colouring Ali...and I'm with you about team GB...very poor indeedy...:o(

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, your card is stunning Ali, I absolutely love it, beautiful colouring and soft colours. Sorry the footie wasn't up to much :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh lala! You've gone all mono-wotsit n' clever n' stuff. Great job too me ol' fruit xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali

    This is just great - you've done a fantastic job!

    Thanks for dropping by to see me and leaving me some lovely comments.

    Ta ta for now.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely colour combination, Ali. Your colouring is fabulous, too! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card - where are the other 45 shades????? lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Ali this is just adorable! I'm so glad you had a go at this type of coloring- I would never know its your first time :) Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colouring!

    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card, so effective. thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz.
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. One of my fave images.

    Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely work on the card Ali :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card and so glad you joined us this week at CRAFTY CATZ hope to see you back next week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab Card - thanks for joining us at Crafting When We can

    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous I love what you have done.

    Thanks for joining us over at craft your days away this fortnight.
    Dazie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoops, just realised now you have not used a Saturated Canary image so sadly your card does not qualify for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Doh!! I know - realised and left a message on the blog *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Ali, the aqua and grey look wonderful together and I love how you have made your image the focus of your card.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete