Thursday 10 January 2013

Yoo hoo!!!

Yes I'm still here and been busy in the crafting front too.  I just seem to have lost my blogging mojo - I still love having a nosy on other peoples but actually getting round to do posts seems to get knocked back to the bottom of the list.

Anyhoo, heres a little update of whats been keeping me busy :-). 

Dont know if you remember my post from ooh maybe the summer of last year when I went to the quilting and cross stitch show at Harrogate and I bought a cushion cover kit - well get me, I've only gone and bloomin made it - whoop whoop!!!  I buy these things and then think I'll never be able to do them and do you know what I could - granted its not brilliant but I'm really chuffed with it for my first attempt:


It now has pride of place on my church pew in the kitchen.  I've also been making some bunting its all finished just needing hubby to give me a hand putting it up, so I'll blog that when I've got some pictures. 

Ooh and do you know what - I'm not scared of my sewing maching anymore!!!  Looking for my next project....hmmm, what to do, what to do.

What else, oh yes I've been making some cards as well which I'll blog gradually - here is my sister in laws birthday card (its not until February but I'm trying to be organised - lol):

 I love this now its finished, but flippin' heck what a nightmare I had trying to 'cut outside the box' with my die  - lol - but that was probably me being a bit thick and having a touch like a baby elephant, also gone a bit embellishment mad on this card - what with flowers, pearls and ribbon - realised now though I'll need to make a box to put it in as I dont think it'll fit in the envelope - oops - so I'd best google a 6x6 box instruction - or cheeky I know if anyone can point me in the right direction :-).

Back to the card - the image is a up up and away a sugar nellie stamp that was reduced from Funky kits and I have coloured her with promarkers and then everything else from my stash - flowers from hobbycraft, ribbon and pearls from crafty fairs but not sure of the make of papers.

I would like to enter this into:

The Sugar Bowl - Anything goes
Divas by design - anything goes
Nutcrafters - lots of flowers


Right best get back to finishing the housework

Thanks for looking

Ali
xx







12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love both these fab projects Ali. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cushion!!! and your card is gorgeous!! Love the soft vintage colours!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the cushion so glad you've finally done it! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute pillow, Ali, and I love the card! Good for you for being so organized to finish it early :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeahhhhh way to go girl :) it looks fab ...soo have you decided on your next project then ???
    love the card and mmm would have to show you how to do a box ... love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well look at you. This is one gorgeous cushion. Fab design and fab colours. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant tell you how much I LOVE that cushion!! You'd think it was bought let alone know its a first attempt - brilliant!!
    BH xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cushion Ali and another beautiful card ^_^ I love all of the flowers and ribbon, very pretty.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us as Divas this time.
    Hugs
    jayne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love the cushion Ali. Well Done on finishing it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I love that cushion! And your bunting is fab too :-) Laura x (Strawberry Mouse Crafts)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! Thanks for playing at The Sugar Bowl this time xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete