Wednesday 3 April 2013

April already???

Good grief where did March go???  Not doing well in keeping up with this blogging malarky am I???  Anyhoo, hope you are all well - its lovely here today - although getting a little cold again now - managed to get some washing hung out and windows open for some fresh air in the house.

I've also been faffing on - my card making mojo went walkabout again - but is coming back now, it really needs to as got my sons 13th birthday coming up on Sunday totally stuck for layouts so think its going to be a c.a.s. make when I get it finished.  

I feel really bad that I'm not making loads especially when my lovely hubby bought me a Silhouette Cameo - squeel!!!!!  Except tbh I'm a bit frightened of it especially as I've only used it a couple of times and think I've knacked the blade :-( .  The instruction booklet doesnt really give a huge amount of information so I've been searching You Tube - if anyone can point me in the direction of other good places to visit for help that would be great.

I have made this card last night using one of Janey new images - the hyacinth - which you can find here:



The papers and card are from my stash, the sentiment was a freebie download on Facebook but cant remember where from possible Whimsey???  I have coloured the image with promarkers and added a bow - I always have a nightmare trying to do bows always seem to end up with a bit lumpy knot type thing at the back - but this one didnt turn out tooo bad with practice I might end up with bows as good as Minas :-).

 Right wont bore you any more today - going to have a bit more play - there have been some great freebies in the cross-stitch mags so think I'll go and do a bit of one of those - nearly finished one - just need to do some back stitch.

I'd like to enter this into Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Ali
xx  


6 comments:

  1. Absolutetly flamin' gorgeous...I'm just about to post my Hyacinth 'effort' too. Lovely to see the sunshine out your window. Popped out to do this gardening this morning and then popped back in again as it was wayyyyy to blimin' freezing...Darn wind!! C'Mon Spring...bored waiting now x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hopeless with bows. Thinking of investing in a bow maker but the two I looked at had little pegs you had to stick in a board. I want to make a bow not a pin the tail on the donkey!!!!!!
    Love your Hyacinth and colouring is perfect. hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous :)

    Love the shading on the flower and the pretty spring coloured paper

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Ali, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. I love the colors.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete